Stephen Powers and coauthors analyzed phosphorus fluxes in the Thames Basin (UK), the Yangtze Basin (China) and the Maumee Basin (USA) in this interesting paper published in Nature Geoscience. The manuscript show the accumulation of P when due to fertiliser application in croplands, and this accumulated phosphorus may continue to be mobilized into the river waters long after inputs decline.
- Insightful meta-analysis: Hidden miners – the roles of cover crops and soil microorganisms in phosphorus cycling through agroecosystems
- Details released for next organic phosphorus workshop
- Unique opinion paper reflects on a collaborative discussion between three generations of scientists.
- Special issue in Plant and Soil published
- Abstract deadline extended to 15th May for PSP6!